The National Football Foundation serves not only youth, but the nation as well. The Walter J. Zable / San Diego Chapter is one of the 120 chapters of the NFFCHF. It was established in 1971 to ensure that all young San Diego athletes have the chance to develop leadership qualities, learn about teamwork, sportsmanship, competitive zeal and the drive for academic excellence. We will fulfill this mission in the following ways:
- By inspiring young people to excellence: holding up the greatest players and coaches in the history of the game as role models, and enshrining them and their achievements in the College Football Hall of Fame
- By exciting young people, and those who influence them, about the game: in particular, managing the College Football Hall of Fame in such a way as to dramatize the history, exhilaration and value of the game to an ever broadening audience of fans and potential fans.
- By developing, managing and promoting model football programs, which further strengthen the educational and character building qualities of the game.
- By honoring, publicizing and providing financial support to high school and college football players who represent our ideal of the scholar-athlete.
- By continuing a grassroots movement, through local chapters, while involving football fans, coaches, educators, the media and former players in the implementation of the programs, which will fulfill our mission for America’s youth.
Check out the National Football Foundation’s national website